IFAEA News & Events
- Z Best Bakery in Evanston moved production facilities and now has a nut warning on the label. Big loss for the nut and peanut allergic community. Call and complain: (847) 563-8501.
- Thank you to Rep. Mussman and the IL Atty Gen. Office for spearheading HB 5892 which passed both Houses and awaits Gov’s signature. Thanks to everyone who called their representatives for support.
- See us on Twitter: @JulieIFAEA. We want restaurants to know if they CAN accommodate a food allergy diner not that they MUST. There is a difference.
- Know Before You Serve: Kicking off Food Allergy Awareness Week
- Food Allergies & Restaurants
- Read IFAEA’s President’s response to the Chicago Tribune to “Allergies fly under radar,” in 2-11-14 front page story. This letter was published by the Tribune online on February 19, 2014 but edited poorly.
- Call 1-800-252-4343 Emergency Medical Systems of IL Dept. of Public Health if you have experienced emergency personnel not taking a person with a food allergy reaction to the hospital
- New epinephrine auto-injector- smart phone size
- Justice Dept. requires college food service to accomodate gluten free and food allergy students
- Need a physician’s order for your school to get a stock EpiPen? The Attorney General’s office has provided a physican’s toolkit which has an Order and explanation of the law for physicians.
- Emergency Epinephrine Act
- Self-administration of medication
- Lets kids carry epinephrine at school.
- Asthma Inhalers at Recreational Camps Act
- Campers can carry epinephrine at summer camps.
- Guidelines for Managing Food Allergies in Illinois