IFAEA News & Events
- Hike for Lung Health Sept. 28, 10:00a.m. in Lincoln Park. Join us. You’ll get lots of info, meet board members, and have a nice walk. If you can’t join us, then won’t you please donate. It’s our biggest fundraiser. Click to visit our team page IFAEA The K Bus.
- Thank you to Rep. Mussman and the IL Atty Gen. Office for spearheading HB 5892 which went into effect August 1, 2014. It is now P.A. 98-0795
- See us on Twitter: @JulieIFAEA. We want restaurants to know if they CAN accommodate a food allergy diner not that they MUST. There is a difference.
- Know Before You Serve: Kicking off Food Allergy Awareness Week
- Food Allergies & Restaurants
- Read IFAEA’s President’s response to the Chicago Tribune to “Allergies fly under radar,” in 2-11-14 front page story. This letter was published by the Tribune online on February 19, 2014 but edited poorly.
- Call 1-800-252-4343 Emergency Medical Systems of IL Dept. of Public Health if you have experienced emergency personnel not taking a person with a food allergy reaction to the hospital
- New epinephrine auto-injector- smart phone size
- Justice Dept. requires college food service to accomodate gluten free and food allergy students
- Need a physician’s order for your school to get a stock EpiPen? The Attorney General’s office has provided a physican’s toolkit which has an Order and explanation of the law for physicians.
- Emergency Epinephrine Act
- Self-administration of medication
- Lets kids carry epinephrine at school.
- Asthma Inhalers at Recreational Camps Act
- Campers can carry epinephrine at summer camps.
- Guidelines for Managing Food Allergies in Illinois